What does a call extension let users do those call-only ads do not?
– Easily save the number to their phone’s contact list.
– Click through to your mobile site instead of calling.
– Easily schedule a call-back from the advertiser when the line is busy.
– Choose from two different numbers to call.
- Call-only ads are like ad call extensions in that they let you start a call with a touch. How are they different from ad call extensions?
- Call-only ads run for shorter durations than ad call extensions.
- Call-only ads don’t include a link to a mobile site.
- Call-only ads cost more but reach farther.
- Call-only ads don’t appear on mobile devices.
Which of the following is a way for an advertiser to monetize their app?
– All of the listed answers are correct
– In-app ads
– In-app purchases
– Charging for app downloads from the Apple iTunes or Google Play store.
You can use a mobile-specific display URL to:
– Differentiate yourself from other advertisers
– Indicate that you have a mobile-friendly landing page
– Effectively track conversions to your desktop site
– Show consumers that you are a large brand.
What is a lightbox ad?
– A remarketing specific ad format to announce new features of your app
– A mobile text ad
– A type of ad format that shows extra information (“extending” from your text ads) about your business
– A cross–screen expandable ad format that optimizes for taps or swipes on mobile and mouse-overs or clicks on desktops.
– ads to direct customers into deeper, more targeted sections of the app
– ads to direct new customers only into deeper, more targeted sections of the app
– mobile and desktop users to navigate within a mobile app
– desktop users to be able to access deeper, more targeted sections within a mobile app.
Roger has your app installed on his phone. While browsing products online, he happens upon a link to one of your products. He’s interested and clicks the link. If you enabled deep linking, where does Roger go next?
– The Google Play or App store, where he can install your app
– Your mobile site’s homepage
– The product page on your mobile site
– The product page on your app.
An app developer might use remarketing if they wanted to promote a paid version of their game to everyone who played the free version and reached level 10.
iOS app conversion tracking cannot be set up using:
– an SDK
– install confirmation feedback
– codeless conversion tracking
– server-to-server (S2S)
Showrooming refers to:
– The phenomenon which turns brick and mortar stores into showrooms for products which are then purchased online or via mobile
– The phenomenon where brands sell specialty or limited quantity goods through mobile
– The phenomenon where various brands within similar categories compete for brand placement on a mobile device
– The phenomenon which turns brick and mortar stores into showroom apps for mobile users.
App remarketing allows you to target people who:
– all of the listed answers are incorrect
– have used your app before
– have searched for your app
– have searched for apps similar to yours.
which factors in auction-time signals including device, location, time of day, remarketing list, language, and operating system, automatically optimizes bids across:
-search and display inventory to help advertisers reach their desired cost-per-install goal.
A ______ specifies a location in an app that corresponds to the content you’d like to show.
– deep link
– remarketing link
– location extension
– location link.
What is a simple way to target ads to mobile users when they’re near your physical store locations?
– Target a radius around your Google My Business location(s).
– Target a radius around your city.
– Target users you know have called your AdWords call-only ad.
– Target specific users you know live near your store.
An advertiser would not use AdWords’ mobile offering to:
– advertise their app
– engage with users who have already downloaded their app
– track conversions once a user downloads their app
– build a mobile-optimized website.
Why do mobile advertisers care about driving physical store traffic?
– The vast majority of sales still occur in physical stores.
– Customers buy more online when they know they have the option to visit a physical store.
– All demographics exhibit more loyalty after visiting a store.
– Online retailers who also offer a physical store option have been shown to bring in the most revenue.
How does AdWords data-driven attribution give credit for conversions?
– It gives 40 percent credit to the first click and spreads the remaining 60 percent across all other clicks in the conversion path.
– It uses the linear model to credit conversions equally across all clicks on the path.
– It gives more credit to clicks that happened closer to the conversion.
– It uses your unique account data and machine learning technology to distribute credit between ad clicks according to which touchpoints were most critical to the conversion.
What is a reason many advertisers end up undervaluing mobile’s contribution to conversions?
– They don’t use AdWords.
– They use a last-click attribution model to measure performance, which ignores clicks earlier in the conversion path that may come from other devices.
– No one has figured a way to “see” mobile’s contribution yet.
– Many in traditional retail are not mobile users.
These are all key to good mobile site design except?
– Easy user customization
– Easy conversion
– Easy search
– Easy navigation.
Viewable impressions allow you to:
– only pay for those ads that are actually viewed
– only pay for video ads that are viewed within an hour
– pay for ads that are viewed and also converted
– pay for ads when they are displayed in a viewable position.
Which is a good app design practice?
– Get users to enter valuable user profile information immediately when they first open the app.
– Zoom viewers in automatically for app content you know is most important.
– Make previous searches and recent purchases readily available.
– Don’t interrupt users when they make mistakes completing forms, wait until they submit and provide a single report with all errors.
Which is a benefit of using server–to–server app conversion tracking over an SDK?
– Server–to–server connections are easier to set up than code–less conversion tracking
– If not implemented correctly, adding the SDK and conversion tracking code could result in bugs in the app
– Adding multiple SDKs for various advertising or analytics platforms have no impact on app code file–size
– Adding SDK and conversion tracking changes to your app doesn’t require review by the Google Play Store.
Many successful mobile sites have large “touch targets” for clicking that take into account ______.
– time of day
– the lack of precision on a touch screen
– location where the mobile device is being used
– responsive design based on touch.
________ is a tool that can show you what happens after a customer clicks on your ads; whether they made a purchase, downloaded an app, or called your business.
– Conversion tracking
– App extensions
– Keyword Planner.
To show an ad, which is eligible to appear on search partner sites, on the mobile version of Google Maps, you should use:
– store visit extensions
– mobile extensions
– product extensions
– location extensions.
Which extensions can help drive installs of your mobile app?
– Structured snippet extensions
– App extensions
– Sitelink extensions
– Remarketing lists for search ads (RLSAs).
A newer kind of mobile site can do a lot of what only apps used to do, so the line has blurred between sites and apps. What are these sites called?
– Mobile Site Apps
– Progressive Sites
– Progressive Web Apps
– Enhanced Mobile Sites.
All of these were recommended to help build a faster site except?
– The site works on a range of screens and devices
– Customer surveys about site performance
– Optimized content delivery
– Implementation of AMP (Accelerated Mobile Page) best practices.
A driver stops for gas and their smartphone buzzes with a text offering a free coffee inside the gas station. What does mobile provide advertisers that enable them to offer this to customers?
– Cell signals
– Customer profiles.
Call conversions, which can be tracked by businesses in eligible countries, can be used to track calls from users who visited a website from any source.
Your universal app campaign ad can appear as an in-stream video ad on YouTube provided which is true?
– The app makes use of streaming video.
– Video assets are provided.
– Only landscape videos are used.
– An additional YouTube charge is paid.
AdMob is ____.
– a custom deep link
– AdWords’ non–owned and operated mobile app inventory
– an ad extension
– an app promotion ad format
Which kind of targeting can help deliver ads to mobile users when they’re physically near your business location?
– Keyword targeting
– Location targeting
– Profile targeting
– Ad schedule targeting
Mobile presents an opportunity for a more targeted marketing message because you have an understanding of context such as time, location, and proximity of the customer.
How can you re-engage users who have abandoned your app after their first use?
– By engaging users who visit your desktop website
– Offer deeper discounts to entice visitors.
– By offering store credit for users who click your ads
– Remarket to app users with a compelling message across search, display, and video.
Why do advertisers care about driving calls to their business?
– Younger demographics prefer to order by the phone call.
– Mobile call ads are easier to win in auctions.
– Conversion rates are often much higher from calls.
– They’re faster.
Generally speaking, mobile sites are good for acquiring new customers and inspiring new relationships while mobile apps are good for servicing and engaging existing customers and retaining current relationships.
Which of the following is true about apps?
– Once a user downloads an app, they are likely to return and engage with it
– Apps are more geared towards acquisition purposes
– Apps and mobile-optimized sites are the same things
– Apps are more geared towards retention, loyalty, and engagement
When you use an automated bid strategy, it will automatically optimize your bids based on:
– your key performance indicator (KPI)
– your search terms data
– your remarketing list
– your Quality Score
Marissa is the marketing lead for a popular free-to-play mobile game. Her goal is to increase revenue that her company earns from in-game purchases. What should Marissa optimize for in her universal app campaign?
– Get new users for her app.
– Target cost per install (tCPI)
– Get new users who most likely complete in-app actions.
– Google Play Store optimization
– show your business address, phone number, and a map marker with your ad text
– decrease clickthrough rates (CTR) as users are sent to specific pages of your site
– allow targeted remarketing list users to land directly on specific pages of your site
– allow advertisers to give users the option to land directly on specific pages of your site
Which of the following is not a type of mobile ad extension?
– Sitelink extension
– Download extension
– Call extension
– App extension
Why should you build a mobile site or app instead of just resizing your desktop site for a smaller screen?
– Mobile users don’t need all the features a website can offer.
– It’s a cheap way to provide a narrower set of options to mobile customers.
– Mobile browsers aren’t powerful enough to load most desktop sites.
– Desktop sites typically don’t load quickly on mobile devices.
Which of the following is true about mobile optimized websites?
– Mobile–friendly experiences typically feature easy navigation, quick–to–load images, and streamlined text
– Visitors to your mobile-optimized site will be at the same point in the purchase funnel as visitors to your desktop website
– Mobile websites should only focus on task-based functionality and be a stripped–down version of your desktop website
– You should build your app before your mobile website
To understand the full value of mobile, you must take into account:
– Cross-device and mobile conversions
– App downloads, calls, store visits, cross-device conversion, mobile conversions
– Utilization of mobile ad formats, extensions, app and mobile site design best practices
– Mobile conversions
The path to conversion on mobile is not the same as on desktop or tablet due to all of the following except:
– differing screen size
App downloads are conversions that are tracked when a user downloads or installs a mobile application for the first time.
If you value mobile traffic over a desktop, which bid adjustment should you set?
– Increase bid adjustment for tablets
– Increase bid adjustment for mobile
– Increase bid adjustment for desktop
– Increase bid adjustment for mobile and desktop
When conversion data shows that mobile drives more value, you would _____ your mobile bid. When conversion data shows that desktop drives more value, you would ______ your mobile bid.
– lower, raise
– lower, lower
– raise, raise
– raise, lower
The codeless conversion tracking solution is usually recommended for app downloads on Android OS over SDK or server to server solution when speed and ease of implementation is a priority.
To more fully capture mobile’s contribution to a sale, advertisers need to consider what?
– More than just the last click
– Customer intent
– The first and last click
– Just the last click
Assuming Google forwarding numbers are available in your country, what do you need before you can set up conversion tracking for calls from an ad or a website?
– A sales team and operating phone bank
– An active call extension or call–only ad
– A mobile-specific site link extension
– An app published in the Google Play store
Call conversions, which can be tracked by businesses in eligible countries, can help advertisers understand the value that calls from their ads are driving by counting calls of a minimum duration to a Google forwarding number as conversions.
To connect Firebase to AdWords, which of these is required?
– A working knowledge of mobile click attribution technologies
– At least 1 app install or conversion
– More than 100 app installs or conversions
– In Firebase, your account needs to be an owner on the project that you want to link. In AdWords, the Google Account needs administrative access.
An advertiser with stores throughout the country could use location extension targeting to:
– target users in the same way across all of their locations
– target users who are within 20 miles of one particular city in the country
– target users who are within 10 miles of one particular city in the country
– decrease bids by 50% for users who are within 10 miles of their stores
Showing your ads on top of the mobile page in search results is beneficial because:
– ads below the results get more prominent notice with smaller mobile screens. There are also ads on the right–hand side of the results on mobile.
– ads above the results get more prominent notice with desktop screens. There are also no ads on the right–hand side of the results on mobile.
– ads above the results might get more prominent notice with smaller mobile screens. There are also no ads on the right–hand side of the results on mobile.
– ads above the results get more prominent notice with larger mobile screens. There are also no ads on the right–hand side of the results on mobile.
Automated bidding is ideal for advertisers who:
– want to save time managing bids based on hundreds of signals
– want to set their own bids for individual keywords
– don’t want to spend a lot of time managing keywords
– want to set their own bids for individual ad groups
How do upgraded URLs help advertisers with third-party conversion tracking?
– Manage a single tracking URL at the campaign, ad group, or ad level that is separate from the landing page URL
– Show app install ads only to people who haven’t downloaded the app yet
– Allow advertisers to direct users to the app store to download their app
– Show deep link URLs only to people who already have the app
An app advertiser would want to use a third-party tracking company to:
– see which of an app’s new users came from recent advertising clicks or views
– have more control when communicating with each ad network
– receive reporting on basic usage analytics
– have a single SDK to add to your app instead of one from each ad network
Say you’ve got a campaign that performs well on mobile devices with a max CPC bid of US$2. To show your ad to more customers on mobile devices, you increase your bid by 15% for searches on mobile devices. What would be the resulting bid for searches on mobile devices bid amount?
Your company has chosen a third-party app analytics service and they happen to be a part of the App Attribution Partners program. In order to share data between AdWords and your partner’s platform, what do you need to do?
– Establish a server-to-server connection using postback URLs.
– Generate a link ID and share it with your partner.
– Export and share the data as a CSV file.
– Consider a partner that is not part of the program, as it is not possible.
Which automated bid strategy might help improve the chances that your ad gets to the top of the page?
– Target return on ad spend (ROAS)
– Target search page location
– Target outranking share
– Target cost–per–acquisition (CPA)
To track conversions in an app, you can add the Firebase SDK to your app. SDK stands for:
– schema development key
– software development kit
– schema development kit
– software deprecation kit
What two things can you track with AdWords out of the box without making any code changes to your app?
– Android app downloads and Android in-app purchases
– You can actually track any custom event you want to define.
– All app installs and all in-app purchases
– App installs and core user demographics
Select the one way NOT to track app conversions.
– Using codeless Android install tracking
– Integrating Firebase in your app
– Using an app analytics provider for your AdWords campaigns.